Events Lounge

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Consider it Pure Joy

Consider it pure joy, my brothers [and sisters], whenever you face trials of many kinds for you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be made mature and complete not lacking in anything. (James 1:2-4)
----

I heard this Scripture quoted today and I thought...man, there is just no shortcut to maturity. I continue to realize that if I am to grow as a Christian, I have to renew my mind in regards to trials in life.

This week has been quite challenging for me. Inconsistent work hours, my own personal struggles, follow-ups, family, and pondering about the direction of my life have left me....a bit perturbed to say the least. But the Scripture above challenged me to refocus my thinking.

What is a trial anyways? An examination, an experiment, an assessment etc.
If were to grade myself on how I have handled trials this week would I pass?

->Pure Joy – F-; is there a lower grade than this?
->Prayer – D-;
->Holding on to the promises -> B- maybe
->Trust in God – N/A

I’m spurred on by that Scripture in James to consistently view trials in a positive light. It’s hard, but I guess I’ll understand it better by and by…

1 comment:

Native Son said...

It's good know that thru it all you still stand. March on soldier!!